Did you know we can help you with Personal Insurance claims?

  • Home
  • Did you know we can help you with Personal Insurance claims?

Not to sound too much like those lawyer adverts, but have you had an injury or suffered an illness? If so, you may be able to make a claim through Income Protection, Trauma, or Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) insurance.

And speaking of those lawyer adverts, if you’re injured or ill you might be thinking ‘how much do lawyers charge for TPD claims’, or other claims?

The first thing you should know is that you don’t necessarily need a lawyer. There are specialists (like us) who can help you with your TPD claim. We recommend working with someone who can advocate for you, and who knows the superannuation and insurance systems.

And the answer to the question about how much do lawyers charge for TPD claims is that it depends. Some will charge an hourly rate, some will charge a fixed fee, or perhaps a fixed fee with extras such as the cost of medical reports, etc. Some will work on a no-win, no fee basis. We’re not lawyers, but we’re Claims specialists and that’s how we charge.


We have a department dedicated to Claims Management. Our Claims Manager, Christine Morgan, can assist with your claim for TPD, Trauma, and/or Income Protection. Christine is highly experienced and can assist you through the sometimes complex and confusing claims process.

Our aim is to make the claims process for your Trauma, TPD, or Income Protection claim easy, allowing you to focus on your recovery while we take care of the paperwork. We know the claims process can be a confusing and stressful time, it requires dealing with a lot of paperwork, liaising with insurance companies, doctors, and other medical professionals.

Let us take on the hard work while you focus on your recovery.

We can assist you with the following:

·         Income Protection claims

·         Trauma claims

·         Total and Permanent Disability claims

·         Life Insurance claims

·         Terminal Illness claims

Take a look at our Insurance Claims page to see the people we’ve helped.


How do I know if I have any personal insurance?

You should check your policy in the first instance to see what insurance you hold. Some insurance is held within super, so you should check your super too. If there is any Trauma, Income Protection or Total and Permanent Disability insurance you should give us a call. If you’re unsure, we can help with that too.

How do I know if I can claim on my personal insurance?

Our Claims Management team are the experts. We use our experience and knowledge to gauge whether an insurance company will accept your claim before proceeding. We’ll review the policy, the medical definitions, and the details of your claim and have a good idea of whether the claim will be accepted. We work on a no-win, no fee basis so you have nothing to lose by engaging our services.

How much will I get?

That really depends on how much you are insured for. Have a look at our Personal Insurance page for details on how insurance works.

If you’ve received financial advice, your Trauma and TPD policies should be an amount that covers your debts, pays your medical bills, and any improvements required to your home. It should also cover your living costs while you are unable to work. For Income Protection, payments are generally 75% of your salary.

What happens once my claim is approved?

We recommend that you seek financial advice once you have a claim approved. Making sure the funds from your claim are protected and managed can help your money last longer and ensure it is used for the right purposes. Considerations may include tax effectiveness and Centrelink eligibility. You want to ensure you can maintain your lifestyle and your cash flow for the long term.

There will be different strategies depending on your claim, your Trauma insurance payout is outside super but a claim for TPD will be different as it may be paid inside super. Any Income Protection claim will be paid directly to you, usually monthly.


The first step is an introductory meeting with our Claims Manager, this meeting is at our cost. If we see there are grounds for a claim, and you’re willing to go ahead, we will then contact the insurer and get the claim forms completed. We use our extensive knowledge and experience to position the claim, aiming for the best outcome for you.

After we have submitted the claim, we will liaise with the assessor providing any further information they request. We then wait for the claim to be approved or denied. If your claim is denied, we will appeal if possible. As stated above, if your claim is successful, we recommend seeking financial advice to provide a long-term safety net for you and your family.

Call us or use the contact form below if you would like assistance with your claim.

It is very important that you understand that the information above is general in nature and does not take into account your personal situation. You should consider whether the information is appropriate to your needs, and where appropriate, seek professional advice from a financial adviser. It is also worth noting that the Australian financial and taxation system is ever-changing, and the information above may no longer be relevant. Again, we suggest seeking professional advice from a financial adviser before proceeding.

Contact us today and see how we can help

It might be the most valuable move you can make...

Members of Association of Financial Advisors
Backed by Synchron

Book in with one of our experts